If you have been involved in a violent incident, or witnessed a violent incident, the following steps should be taken:
1. Seek medical aid/first aid if necessary
2. Fill out a Violent Incident Report Form
a. Fax a copy to the GVTA (250-595-0189)
b. Keep a copy for your records
c. Give original to principal
3. If you were injured as a result of this violence, fill out a WorksafeBC Worker's Report of Injury or Occupational Disease to Employer 6A
4. Inform your GVTA H&S rep at your school of the incident. They will ensure other processes are followed.
5. Contact the GVTA anytime in this process for assistance 250-595-0181
The Violence Prevention Protocol is mandated by WorkSafeBC. The GVTA was part of the working group that created the protocol. To view the Violence Prevention Protocol click here.
VIOLENCE IS NOT PART OF YOUR JOB